Korean Rice Bowl
An easy recipe for very flavorful Korean ground beef. Served over rice, it’s a delicious and high energy meal.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1 tablespoon honey or a liquid sugar-free alternative
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
To finish the dish:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, green parts only
In a small bowl, prepare the sauce by whisking together the soy sauce, honey, cornstarch and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the beef and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, breaking it up into crumbles as you cook, about 5 minutes.
Drain the beef. Return to the skillet. Add the garlic and the ginger to the skillet and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir the sauce into the beef. Cook 2 more minutes, until heated through and the sauce thickens.
Off heat, drizzle the dish with sesame oil, sprinkle it with green onions and serve.